Saturday, December 17, 2005

Its A Little CHILI in Long Beach Today!

Thanks to Spinning Girl,I am gonna learn to make CHILI!
This might be a little scary...since I am known as a culinary nightmare. I cannot cook whatsoever...
The virtual cookbook- Spinning Girl's Blog...

Welcome to CHILI central! Here are all of the stars in this production..
Here is a bigass pot...Actually, it is my only pot...I only use a microwave...
To set the mood for this joyous occasion, I selected Spinning Girl's recommendation...Andy Williams...He is timeless...His version of Silver Bells makes my heart go pitter-patter..Not really. I'm just trying to seem sincere...
Mr. Garlic dropped by...He has a wicked case of B.O.
I had a great idea to fire-roast my pasilla pepper...
A whirlwind of flavors coming together...hamburger, scallions, pasilla pepper, garlic, and olive oil...
Wowzers! Look! I am cooking!
Any time I use a can opener, Tyson comes running...He was a stray, so I am guessing he ate a lot of Chef Boyar-dee before he came to live with me...
Adding the chili dust...

Unfortunatley, I did not have the recommended French Salt...so I settled for Sea Salt with a built in grinder from Wal-Mart...
Here is the trickiest part...I should not be allowed near ovens...You remember my pumpkin pie incident, right?

They didn't burn! Another small victory for the Seahag!
Inspector Jinx verifies this is okay for human consumption...
All systems go! (Especially the gastric one...I am not even supposed to be eating tomatoes...but I am throwing caution to the wind...Get me some Pepsid, stat!


Look! Comfort food at its best!

The mayhem...There goes my "spotless kitchen" reputation...
And to add to this splendid occasion...Napoleon Dynamite on the tube...

In the words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."

Thank you, Spinning Girl!

18 Comments:

Blogger Phats said...

Haha that's awesome!! I am not a fan of chili, but yours look good. Did Jinx enjoy his taste, and please tell me you had some crackers with it? Man I haven't had a lunch this post has made me hungry!

1:01 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

no! i had biscuits!!!

1:04 PM PST  
Blogger jamwall said...

i feel like some french salt...

1:47 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

French salt is coke, isnt it?

2:07 PM PST  
Blogger Tina said...

Chili is good over sticky rice too! I got a kick-azz recipe too if ya wanna it. Uggh I'm hungry.

Hey chicka - I'm gonna link you up on my site, k? :)

2:20 PM PST  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Even though I am not a fan of chili, yours looked pretty damn good!
The bitch is back!

2:32 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Tina- MMMM...sticky rice...I have never had chili on it...

Chili on french fries is like American poutine...

welcome back, sabatkes!

2:51 PM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yummy! Looks great seahag!

3:27 PM PST  
Blogger Lana said...

What time is supper????

3:30 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Bozette! Right now! come on over, I have lots! Bring crackers, please.



On my site meter- Someone found my blog by searching for red carpet boob shots on MSN...cool!

3:36 PM PST  
Blogger Me! said...

You know, there are few people in the world that can take photos of their culinary experiences, set them to a story on the Internets and make me laugh!

If/when you have children-- Do you think they'll appreciate your saavy humor or think you're a dork? I bet you could make some mean scrapbooks of them! lol

4:20 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Thank you, Stacy!
Amazing how everything in life is a blog posting...

I hope to be the bestest, funnyest step mom someday....

4:31 PM PST  
Blogger Big Mama said...

WEll how was it?....really... Looks great! I love the pic of the kitty licking his lips. Goes to show he has good taste.

BTW! I make and awesome chili (learned it from a really HOT fireman a LONGGGG time ago)

6:35 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Big mama- nice...men are so much more valauble if they can cook..

Mae-I sooo want to see those naked pics of Tommy Lee...

He makes my ovaltine boil...

6:51 PM PST  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Looks yummy. I like the iron in the kitchen. Were you making grilled cheese sandwhiches, too?

6:55 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

HHAAAAA! Babyjewels!
That's classic....you must love that movie Benny and Joon...


I discovered a great blog:

Lizard Trainer
This 9 year old girl trains her lizards to pose...
its brilliant...

8:33 PM PST  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

Looks very yummy and I AM a fan of chili. Mmmmmmm

And loved the comment about you being the bestest step-mom ever!

9:57 AM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Yummm, I hope you saved me some, because I finally read this whole post. Any left? :)

5:42 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show