Friday, November 11, 2005

Welcome to the Poutine Weekend...

Hello, and welcome to the Poutine Weekend...

I want to send out a "Get Bent" to New York Fries

This franchise is only in Canada. Why in the hell are they called New York Fries, if there is not a location in New York?

I then did some research...

-Frederick's of Hollywood has a store in Hollywood...
-Kentucky Fried Chicken has locations in Kentucky...
-Boston Market has one in, you guessed it, Boston...


Perhaps I am making a big deal out of this. Perhaps I am nuts.

Nuts about poutine, that is...

Gotta go, research awaits, as there are a million variations on this Canadian treat...

See ya at Poutine Central!

8 Comments:

Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Does New York have a special kind of french fry that I'm unaware of?...I can understand pizza and even bagels, but never heard of a special "New York" french fry

3:37 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

buy me more spoonch, cupcake!


and super, arent you the NY expert? why in the hell are these fries not sold in NY?

baffling...this weekend is gonna be a big ol train wreck...

4:48 PM PST  
Blogger cher said...

HAVE YOU STOCKED UP IN PEPTO BISMAL?

5:01 PM PST  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

To be honest, I didn't even know there WAS a special New York Fry, but I'm gonna get right on it...to think that people are randomly making french fries and slapping the New York name to them...that's just WRONG !!

5:16 PM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

The mall in Traverse City (an hour from where I live) has a New York Fries in it. It's kind of like a vendor type thing. My theory, a guy from New York started a franchise selling french fries from one of those cart things. Possible??

5:38 PM PST  
Blogger mkecurler said...

everybody's workin' for the poutine weekend!
do you think loverboy would sing that for my blog?

let me know how it turns out!

8:23 PM PST  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

well I can tell you for a fact that the reason why KFC has KFC's in KY is that Col. Sanders was from KY. I saw the sign on the way down to Atlanta for his birthplace. Just a little piece of trivia for you!

Enjoy your poutine weekend!

7:53 AM PST  
Blogger FU said...

new york fries is fantastic.. calling it new york is just a marketing ploy... imagine if they called it: Toronto Fries

we have another restaurant here that is awesome..but its ALL Canadian... Boston Pizza...

hahaha

1:39 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show