Sunday, November 06, 2005

Blame Canada!

Back in August I posted about how I was pissed off at Canada for not sharing poutine with us...


What is poutine, you ask?
Its a pile of french fries with cheese chunks and weird gravy...
Seem like you can only find poutine in Ontario...

Crossing the bridge that separates me from poutine. Next stop, Windsor, Ontario Canada...


Look! I also found my favorite pizza chain. It was a bitter sweet experience...This chain can only be found in Ontario...
I love this place cuz they have white pizza sauce...I am allergic to tomatoes (I get a rash on my neck...hey, that would be a fun future posting; Tomato weekend!)

Onward, to Burger King for some poutine!

I can only describe it as being a weird brown gravy that has almost a hint of cinnamon in it...or nutmeg, I am not sure, and considering how much crap I eat, I am seriously not a culinary expert....the cheese is like chunks of string cheese...and it gets all melty...Burger King fries are kind of yucky, so I mostly licked the sauce off..like how Jinx licks the gravy off his Fancy Feast...Ahh...I miss Jinx...

I wonder what would've happened at US Customs:
Officer: Reason for being in Canada?
Me: Poutine
Officer: Please declare any purchases.
Me: Poutine

So I went to the mall, saw a movie, and bought some earrings...
He wouldn't understand...

And here is a photo after my night of mayhem:

14 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

ha hahaaa u crack me up, cupcake...

actually, i take the hollywood approach to most of my postings...

like using ketchup instead of blood...

i mostly eat stuff from the grocery store..and i gotta have a microwave and fridge in the room...

i am sick of fast food, been traveling 20 outta 30 days a month with my job for two years now....if i even look at a mcdonald's burger i wanna ralph...taco bell, on the other hand...but that comes and goes in phases...

8:16 AM PST  
Blogger cher said...

hint on the poutine..ask for extra crispy fries.
ok, now listen up really good. the best pizza ANYWHERE is Panago Pizza. They have all kinds of sauces you can put on their pizzas. Ranch, cheese, bbq, tropical, salsa, pesto, mmmmmmm all soooo good! I never get tomato sauce on my pizza. It won't give me a rash, but for sure heartburn and why? when there's soooo much else to choose from! they also have a variety of cheeses to choose from....feta, a mix of parm, romano and asiago Delish!, cheddar, mozza and cheddar mix and of course mozza. now don't even get me started on their dipping sauces or even their salads...yum yum yum!!!

8:56 AM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

hmmm...im gonna have to do some research on this one!

all this talk about cheese has grabbed me...lunch, here i come!

9:12 AM PST  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Thank god I can't get my hands on poutine. I would definitely fall victim to its greasy goodness. And why does pountine sound so vulgar? It sounds Italian for woo-ha, but I'm Italian and I know it isn't.

Thank you for jarring me out of my no post coma :)

9:22 AM PST  
Blogger duff said...

i love poutine!

you can find it all over atlantic canada. this summer, i had it in new brunswick, as well as on prince edward island.

mmmm....poutine. *stomach growls*

12:02 PM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm.... never had it but it looks very interesting. Maybe if it was on something other then Burger King fries. Yuck! I'll bet it would taste great over some fries from Wendy's. (My personal favorite.)

1:18 PM PST  
Blogger Phats said...

Canada = America's little brother. Always getting beaten up by the big bullies and the big brother has to come in and save it hahahahaha :)

Never had these type of fries, and by the looks of it I am not missing out on anything.

2:34 PM PST  
Blogger FU said...

as a former american i can tell u all, now that i'm canadian... POUTINE IS AMAZING!

Mel, next time, buy Poutine from New York Fries.. It's Amazing. I have cousins in England that come to Toronto just for Poutine... except they call it: poontani.

:S

DON'T DISS IT TILL U TRY IT.. AND YES! U ALL ARE MISSING OUT!!!

3:24 PM PST  
Blogger cher said...

mel did you check out the new post on panhandlers gone wild?

5:42 PM PST  
Blogger mkecurler said...

i freaking love poutine! Can't go to TO with out having it! Yummers!!!!!

5:43 PM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Laugh riot!

4:47 PM PST  
Blogger j merlino said...

Make your own poutine !!! I posted some recipes on my blog a few months back:

http://coloradohurricane.blogspot.com/2005/08/haute-cuisine-i-dunno-whats-got-into.html

Maybe I'll make you some when you come to town next month.

7:11 PM PST  
Blogger EE said...

Ummm, ewwwwwwwwww. LOL ;)

10:30 PM PST  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Poutine can be found in Alberta as well. So yummy.

Also phats... when has the US had to come in and save Canada? Not that the US isn't like a big brother to Canada. However Canada hasn't started any fights.

9:03 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show