Saturday, November 05, 2005

Welcome to the White Castle Weekend...

White Castle.
The best burger joint in America. They even made a movie about what can happen when you crave the best mini burgers and crinkle fries.

Seldom am I in a state that has White Castle. The last time was in NYC in May. 6 months ago. 6 months of jonzing...

I am going to get so sick of White Castle that it will take a year to even think of eating one.

So here goes...
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

What a glorious White Castle sunrise. I think I heard angels singing...but it could have been the voice over the drive-thru speaker...
Screw Wheaties! This is the breakfast of champions...Mini egg and sausage sandwiches, hashbrowns. GRAPE soda makes a guest appearance...


Look! At first I thought it was Elvis, but it was none other than a vision of Doogie Howser, M.D. embedded in the patty....
MMMM...in the words of Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web, this is "a varitable smorgesboard, orgesboard..."

I was so excited I caught myself giggling and snorting...
The lady in the background made me nervous, all rubbernecking to see why I was playing with my food and snapping photos with the self-timer.

A few hours later...
Location: Chesterton, Indiana.
How convenient, get gas and gas all in one stop!

Hunger pangs on the road? Kill 'em with an order of White Castle Cheese Sticks!


Driving under the influence of a cheesy, crunchy whirlwind of flavor!

Enterprise car rental associate: "Hey, that girl used Armor-all on the dashboard! My bad...I recognize that grease...it's White Castle!"

Location: Somewhere, Michigan

I pulled up to the drive thru...They did not have shakes at this location. I told the girl that I was getting the shakes from withdrawl...I settled for a large diet coke...gotta save the calories for the actual food...


Location: Detroit, Michigan

Night time is the right time for White Castle!
The Do Not Enter sign did not stop me...
Three slyders in a sack. I said sack.
I chew-chew-chewse you, White Castle...




Fun with trick photography: You know you want it!
A fun game to pass time in your hotel room: Game show contestents play for crinkle fries...
Well...there you have it...mention White Castle to me in the next 8 months, and I may hurl...

Okay...this cow is milking the White Castle joke...

What started as a modest one-last-return farewell meal, has turned into this...

Location: Detroit, Michigan

Marti, the drive-thru attendent, was not especially friendly...little did she know that her mug was the last one I would see through my teary eyes as I exited...I was going to snap her photo, but I was afraid she would reach through the window and do this to me...
MMM...chicken ring sandwiches...



Anatomy of a Chicken Ring sandwich: Two mystery-chicken rings, and cheese glue...

Then I had an idea...
Chicken-ring Bling...




What a bunch of Bull...

Well...that's it...this story is cashed...Flying home tomorrow...Thank goodness...I for sure am sick of White Castle, now...

18 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

Is blogger broken? I have been trying to post photos for a whole day, now...

1:20 AM PST  
Blogger duff said...

mmmm...white castle....one of the few things i miss about kansas city.

5:01 AM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

298.5 lbs., mae...i haven't had lunch yet...or dinner...

7:02 AM PST  
Blogger Bobby said...

mmmmmm, i am so jealous.

7:13 AM PST  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

Again, never tried W.C., and now, thank to your blog, I may never want to either!!

What's next? Canned vienna sausage weekend?

7:56 AM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Thank you, Shannon :)

Hey, design, get to your local Kroger stat, for a box of yummy white castles....
thank you for the vienna snausage idea...

7:58 AM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! You should have asked the creepy woman in the restaurant to snap your picture. :)

8:15 AM PST  
Blogger AngieMD2007 said...

i am so jealous! all of those pics are making me hungry - EXCEPT the one chewing with your mouth open LOL!!

enjoy the rest of your weekend!

10:11 AM PST  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

I would get to my local Kroger, I really don't want to travel 2 1/2 hours to it. So, I guess I'll just have to live without the knowledge of what those tasty little bugers...uh I mean burgers will do to my tastebuds. I sure hope I can go on!!!

2:30 PM PST  
Blogger Phats said...

I love it, you referenced Templeton!! You should have taken a picture of that lady's food?! I can do with or without White Castle. They have good red pop though

2:43 PM PST  
Blogger cher said...

ahhh mel- you crack me up! this is the closest i come to reality tv. and i'm just glued to my monitor! That lady in the background looks like she has eaten waaay too many burgers. the game show thing and the stuffing the burger in the tv guys mouth made me laugh out loud! thanks for the fun! (new post on panhandlers gone wild)

4:08 PM PST  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Gag me with a spoon.

...or a White Castle burger.

4:49 PM PST  
Blogger Bat said...

I love White Castle sooo lucky you are

4:51 PM PST  
Blogger Andraste said...

Good GOD! Your really are ready to die for your art, aren't you!?

Just name your next zit "white castle" and you'll be all set.

6:02 PM PST  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Everbody got White Castle but me. I am so sad.

12:56 PM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I wanna hang out with you so bad!

4:48 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

SG, just wait til i invade your city next...a trip to the NE is in the works!

9:33 PM PST  
Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

I've never been in a white castle...

of all the fast food places we dont' have in glorious reading pa, i miss popeyes the most.

cajun fries...
perfect biscuits...

if i'm going to overpay for Kentucky Fried Chicken (you can't take the illiterate south out of KFC bitches...), then I prefer Popeyes...

9:34 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show