Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Some Like Faygo...Soda I!

Hello. Last weekend Sheri wrote a blog about childhood memories of Faygo Soda, bologna sandwiches, and grandpa. What fun!
I actually got a little jealous. I had never heard of Faygo Soda.
Then today happened...

Today I found a unique store called Beverages and More, here in the Bay Area. They sell Faygo! Fresh from the factory in Detroit, Michigan...

I was just making small talk with the cashier, Chad.
I asked what flavor he preferred. He suggested the Rock & Rye Cream Soda.
He said,
"But to tell you the truth, it kinda tastes like that children's laxative...the stuff you give kids and tell them its cherry soda."

He had to go and say that...


I have been deprived of Faygo and Laxative Soda...
Hmmm...Here it goes...you already know what's coming...
Off to the drug store! To buy this:

(I even caught myself skipping through the eisles)

The label boasts, "The Sparkling Laxitive!"
It sure has a pretty cherry-red color!

I am gonna have a taste test.
To see if I can create some fond memories of my time here in hated San Francisco. So I can look back, and say, "Wow...remember that time I had the runs in SF? I don't remember if it was the Faygo or the Sparkling Laxative, but damn, that was a fun time!"

Back at the hotel....
Mmmmm...The Faygo poured on ice in a plastic hotel cup looks good enough to drink!

And you thought hotels were only for prostitution and illicit drugs!

The Sparkling Laxative is effervescent madness in the plastic cup....

I let out a loud, "oh Yeah!" like the Kool-aid Man...



Down the hatch!


And again!


The Sparkling Laxative is is a salty wreck, with very little "note of cherry".
The Faygo, has a hint of gnar, but is pleasantly not-salty enough to send me into a stroke...Sweet!
The verdict? They both suck.
Well...I'm off to see the new movie "Waiting"...and that's exactly what I will be doing...waiting! I think I will sit close to the door at the theatre...

27 Comments:

Blogger cher said...

Words truly can't express how much I like you! I wish I could have been there with you as you went to the pharmacy....poured the drinks....gently wiped your butt...Be thankful he didn't say it tasted like Fleet. That will make you call in sick for sure. there would be NO movie watching tonight because your bowels turn to water and you pee out your ass.

I need a new sentence other than you crack me up. You do more than that. You fill a void.

Thanks for the belly laugh!!

6:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

You truly are the master and I bow before you! You set out on a mission and you see it through, whether it be good or bad. You are a role model for the world!!

7:10 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Thank you, Cher and Design...You guys are way funny too :)

I have so much fun making fun of stuff...food and butt related...wonder why that is?

If you can make one person laugh a day, its a success....

7:33 PM PDT  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

OMG...you are absolutely NUTS !! (in a good way..lol)....you should really have your own TV show...that would be a riot !!!

8:46 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I am like a 32 year old Andy Milonakis with tits.

9:10 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Cher was right...my ass is crying real tears!

9:58 PM PDT  
Blogger Phats said...

OH MY GOD! you are nuts! haha. Faygo mmm I have had it before it's mighty tasty, although I have never mixed it with a laxative.

Have you become one with the shitter?

10:21 PM PDT  
Blogger cher said...

CHEESE! eat lots of cheese!
haha my word thingy is tpano...tp?aaaa...no. i hope you have LOTS of tp!! i guess there's always roomservice.

10:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Bat said...

Drinking Barium was a lot of fun for me two months ago before the old kidney stone came out..

it was raspberry flavored tasted like mylanta ack

5:25 AM PDT  
Blogger DaMasta said...

I remember having to down a gallon of butt leak juice before a surgery. The feeling it brought to my ass made me laugh out loud. It WAS like peeing out your ass. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. Good times...good times...

6:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Ok, love this post! :D

My favorite Faygo soda was the grape flavor. (I was a kid! Everyone loves grape when they're a kid.)

6:49 AM PDT  
Blogger cher said...

that's why grape is the flavor of tylenol for kids.

7:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

So did you survive the night without any sharting episodes? Inquiring minds need to know.

7:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are really good at telling stories! Nice post.

8:55 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I am reallly really hungry right now, thats for sure!

grape is the best flavor...

9:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live right by BevMo in Mountain View/Palo Alto. Hope everything came out okay!

12:20 PM PDT  
Blogger cher said...

i don't always learn something new everyday. sometimes i can go weeks without learning something.

1:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

You are a freaking TRIP.

2:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Bobby said...

ugh, Faygo.

Nuff said.

2:32 PM PDT  
Blogger Me! said...

You my dear crack my ass up! I mean seriously... you drank it..AND too pictures!!!

Grape flavored Faygo was cool when I was a kid. I also liked those little barrell shaped Kool-Aid type drinks in all the different flavors. I always had a red mustache.

3:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you guys have Tip-Top drinks in America about 20 years ago? They were small drinks that came in plastic see through holders with a straw! There were many different flavours in them.
I've tried to find a link but can't find one. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

3:24 PM PDT  
Blogger babyjewels said...

I now want to abuse both laxatives and soda. Maybe some alcohol too. And pills. but I digress...

Please, please give Jewels a little movie review as she neva gets to go to the movies and will have to netflix this one. And as a ruby tuesday alum, I will be netflixing it.

3:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

I remember drinking Faygo ALL the time when I was a kid. There was orange pop, red pop, grape pop, rootbeer, and others I know I'm forgetting. Must have been all the sugar!

And I believe Stacy is talking about 'lil chugs. Those were good too...as a kid. Nowadays...yuck!

So, what's next: Shasta?!

4:29 PM PDT  
Blogger j merlino said...

Faygo ? Faygo ? Isn't that stuff like 25 cents for a two-liter ?

I'll stick to Mountain Dew.

5:06 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Heck! I paid a whole 1.29 for that bottle of Faygo! I did hear it was cheap elsewhere...guess getting it through customs on the Nevada/California border is a tuffie..ha ha

I know at my grocery store they have those little flavored drinks chugs in a barrel with a foil lid, for 5 for a $1 and they burn your throat from all the acid...laxative soda is much smoother!

Cupcake! I noticed they have one in HB on Beach Blvd......i am so there when i get home!

5:58 PM PDT  
Blogger cher said...

hey did you ever try Super Socco as a kid? I don't know why i loved it so much. I guess cuz i wasnt really ever allowed it and it had a soccer ball on it and that was cool. it made the grossest film on your tongue and everything.

8:32 PM PDT  
Blogger duff said...

chugs! i remember those.....

9:51 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show