Saturday, September 10, 2005

SPAM™ A-LOT WEEKEND

Today my friend Andrea stated that she was sick and tired of Spam.


It got me thinking...I wanna see if I can get sick of the real SPAM™ in one weekend. My first stop-


To stock up on..you guessed it-


I really wish the cans still had that handy dandy key to open it, like in the olden days....
MMMM...the smell of SPAM™ filled the air....An aroma of spices, smoke flavoring, and MSG...and the view is even better...glistening, and as pink as a baby's behind...I wonder if....nah...it can't be...

So here is my first meal:

Throughout the weekend I will be updating with new and fresh recipes, as well as my moods...does this stuff make you giddy? I hope so!

SPAM™ Huevos Spamcheros
Servings: 4
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients
- 1 SPAM® Classic (12-ounce) sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 6" Soft Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1 can refried beans
- CHI-CHI'S® Salsa or taco sauce

Directions
Heat refried beans in saucepan on medium heat. Place corn tortillas on a large platter. Using rubber spatula, add layer of refried beans. Top with Cheese.
In a skillet with 1/2 inch of corn oil,fry 1/2 inch slices of SPAM® until crisp and brown. Then fry eggs as you desire. (We recommend over easy). When finished, top the refried beans with eggs. Place in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with salsa.

Nutrition (per serving)
430 Calories
28 Grams Fat
25 Grams Protein
562 Milligrams Cholesterol
20 Grams Carbohydrates
976 Milligrams Sodium

Que bueno!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your first meal - was that what it looked like before or after you had eaten it?!

11:06 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

hee hee hee...its very versatile...

better than bangers and mash...

11:17 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks as if you could seal window frames with it!
Can you buy it in tubs?

11:43 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

boy, do i wish!

actually, the tubs dont come into play until the hospital...thats what they put it in after scraping your arteries...

11:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Bobby said...

If you saw my picky eater post, it will be no surprise that spam is one of the many things I don't eat.

I still enjoy making fun of it with others though.

11:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a little ironic that we are all trying to do a spam clear out from our blogs and here you are posting pics of it and eating it!
If anyone has any spam they need gotten rid off send it to Long Beach.

11:52 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Bobby, please send!!!!

12:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:44 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

MMMMMMM...spam.....

if it gives me gas and i am on a date, at least i can sneak out early...to go get me some more!!!

2:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Bobby said...

Spam away, spam away. Have you made a spam pizza yet?

1:39 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show