Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow....



Attention Lurkers (Family and Friends) and Mae: This story is for you...
Back in the day, circa 1998, I thought I was all that and a bag of chips (a 1990s catch phrase, how appropriate).
I spent like 2 hours a day getting ready for work, and even longer on Saturday nights, where I was a total clubrat...

I spent much of my time chasing a guy named Shane P., whom obviously only wanted me for cheap sex, but I don't have time to get into that...

So...anyways...

I did what most wannabe Round the Way Girls did to increase their "score-ability..."

I got me a weave.
Uh-huh...that's right, girl...

Now, this was not just any old weave...this was a humungous head of glue and spiral curls down to the middle of my back, in a dark, chestnut color.
What's the significance in this story, you ask?

Well...I left a trail in my wake...not only of heartbreak and general whore-ishness, but of hair.

All over.
Friends and families' houses.
A territorial pissing, just waiting to be sucked up on "vacuum day". Big clods of human-hair shipped directly to the U.S. from Asia...Don't even get me started on what your shower drain would look like after I stayed the night at your house!
Even worse, I had rubber-based glue all over my carpet at my apartment back then...
About a year later, I decided to take it out and let my real hair grow in. I had
bald patches all over my skull and had to wear a wig for like a year until it grew back...
The moral of this story is that I finally have something with Jessica Simpson....horror hair stories, and a current score-ablity of zero....


Thank you, Mae Midwest for this bringing up this tragedy...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I read through all the posts on the opening page. Funny stuff. I was on 6 Southwest Flights last week. Busy week. I am always taking photos on board, too.

Thanks for the visit.

Laughed at the "score-ability" comments.

9:13 PM PDT  
Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

I find it so much easier to have no hair. Then again, the Tank Girl look for women has been out since, well quite a while.

8:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

What color was the wig? :)


I leave my hair all over the place and it's natural....well the hair is, the color isn't. :D

11:07 AM PDT  
Blogger Violet said...

i work at a pool during the summers. we are constantly fishing weaves out of the leaf baskets... fun!

11:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Cinderella said...

LOL.. you know why we love you so much? You are brutally honest...you crack me up!!

Long live the weave!! haha

2:33 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show