Tuesday, September 13, 2005


Ok...so today I was totally inspired to create a new blog...
A concept that has been on my mind for some time...it took tonight, while
I was driving to Bishop, CA to be accosted at the gas station by a freaky lady panhandler that got all up in my face begging for money to get home.

This crap happens to me daily in LA. Seriously. I always have my debit card in hand, to say, "Hell, no...I don't carry cash,"

When I first moved here, I was so polite, "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have any money to give you," or "Here, here's five dollars,"

My kindness ran out...so did my naivete, patience, tolerance, and money.....
AKKKKKK!!!!! I hate panhandlers!

There are so many types...There is a weird, grubby lady with dreadlocked hair (not on purpose), she is probably only 30, but the drugs aged her 15 years...she waits at the 76 gas station on 7th and Magnolia in LB and tries to wrestle the pump out of your hands so she can pump your gas and make you feel obligated to hook her up.

There is a guy who sits outside the Rite Aid across the street from my apartment building and tries to butter you up with, "Hey, baby, lemme buy you some ice cream...Can you hook me up wit a few bucks?"
The charming ones...Gee, how can you refuse?

There is a man on the corner of Century and the 405 freeway by LAX who is wrapped in a blanket on the sidewalk...It pisses me off, that his ass gets to sleep in while I am headed off to a day of sucking the corporate dick...Maybe I wanna just chill out!
It's not fair!

Camera in hand, I am gonna snap a photo of each person that approaches me to give that person a second of fame...for free, since I am not giving anything in return! Just the promise of humiliation!

Although the site is way under construction, it will get better with time.
Money Whores


Anyone with stories, frustrations, please post. Send photos to my email, and I will post them...

This is gonna kick ass...

3 Comments:

Blogger DaMasta said...

Hey girl.

Just wanted to say good morning. I commented on MoneyWhores.

Cya.

8:21 AM PDT  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, believe it or not, I have the same issues here! Only, here they are bicycle people who scavenge for pop cans. (10 cent depost) It drives me insane. There is nothing worse then pumping your gas while someone is picking through the garbage looking for pop cans. Sometimes they even get pushy "are you going to return that can??"

10:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

This is going to be great.

3:13 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show