Monday, August 29, 2005

What Do I Have to Do to Get Some Poutine?


After traveling to three provinces of Canada, I understand there are a lot of differences and similarities between the US and Canada.
Our music, TV, movies, and pop-culture is affluent there. They have given us hockey, Alanis Morrisette, and Molson beer.

Why are they not sharing Poutine?

I discovered Poutine at Burger King in Toronto. At first, I was a little grossed out, wondering if a ladle of brown gravy and cheese curds with fries is really what I needed to accompany my greasy Whopper with extra mayo. Then I realized, screw ketchup. Give me the poutine!

I consulted mcdonalds.ca and found that their large poutine has an astonishing 93 mg of cholesterol. The truth is, if it is high-fat, oozy, and crunchy, I will take it. In fact, supersize me.

I am pissed off that those shifty Canadians are keeping this poutine a secret.

And why are we a fatter country in general, when at least ketchup only has 20 calories a serving?
Blame Canada!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hollywood Phony said...

What the hell? I've never heard of this crap.

9:10 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Crap, one might feel upon initial exposure.
You always want what you can't have :P

9:44 AM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Doesn't it? Anything saucy that begins with pou is dirty.......

11:47 AM PDT  
Blogger T. Leach said...

Had some of that in Montreal back in the day. Good stuff. I didn't ask what was in it because I don't speak French all that well. La cravat de Jean Paul es dans la maison. And shit.

1:49 PM PDT  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Congrats, T. Leach- you just stated en francais that your necktie was in the house...clever!

Glad you got to experience Poutine, though....I'd like to dip you in a lil sauce, hotstuff!

2:55 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show