Saturday, February 25, 2006

MMM Good...Magically Delicious...SNAP CRACKLE POP...What the Hell Do Those Keebler Elves Say???


Hello. Remember my Thanksgiving Pumpkin pie? I am not known as a cook, chef, baker, nor foodie...but I am known to the Long Beach Fire Department, for setting off my alarm any time I risk using my oven.

So I am gonna try again. I am gonna bake cookies today! Plus, since I will be sharing them with a friend, I want to prove to him I didn't add any anthrax. Arsenic, maybe, but that is none of your business...
Okay...I figured the only way to make a little Elfin' Magic, I needed to channel my inner elf.



What I can't figure out, is why in the hell did I splurge on brand name sugars and flour, but bought some off-brand, generic baking soda? I think I saved like 2 cents...

I turn my back for two seconds, and who do you think I find loving-up on the mixer?


Just to prove I ain't nasty like that, here I am washing the mixer attachments...with soap...in hot water...
I might not shop at Tru Valu ever again...look at these eggs I bought...is that Garfield on the left? And Joan Crawford on the right????
Down the hatch! Get it???

I'm mad at the makers of Vanilla Extract...they sell you this big 'ol bottle, and you only need a teaspoon...

Wow! It's starting to look edible!
This, however, is not...Hey...it was only four seconds!
Once again, just to prove I ain't nasty like that...off to the garbarge dump in the sky!

Just look at my oven...this is the mayhem of a year's worth of burnt pizza, pies, and the Marie Callendar's Chicken Potpie I blew up a few months ago...


I am so glad chocolate chip cookies are the kind you don't have to touch with your hands...ew. I bet it feels gnarly in your fingers and when it crusts up your ring...

Yay! Thery're ready to come out of oven-hell!
Guess I was over-doing it when I decided to unplug the fire detector...Eat this, LBFD!

Victory!!!!


The arsenic is kicking in...gotta go...

There.
Now go spread your own lovin' from the oven...

27 Comments:

Blogger J.R. Kinnard said...

You need your own cooking show. Something like, 'Adventures in Cooking' or 'Burn the Mother Down with Chef Seahag'.

10:03 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Here's hoping!
I am the anti-Martha...

10:06 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Looking back on this, I like the middle egg with the busted up head on the side...

11:26 PM PST  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO......Bravo !!!

Those cookies look excellent !!

Way to go !!

The elf costume was a brilliant idea, however the thought of a naked elf running around Cali sort of scares me !

8:04 AM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

so jaded-I have a whole magic trunk of halloween and holiday goodies...clown costumes, beards, hats...you name it...

superspy-I would scare everyone out of cali if i was a naked elf...but then again, the real estate prices would go down...

9:10 AM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Girlfriend, you are a freaking trip. I love you so much. Amy Campbell style!!! Just kidding, I love you way more than that!
The elf costume, the faces on the eggs ... seriously, could you be any better than this?!?!? We HAVE to hang out.

9:52 AM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Spinning-you bring feeling to my life....you're the inspiration....

9:59 AM PST  
Blogger Tina said...

LOLOLOL You are too Much Mel!!! I love it!! Inner Elf?? and an Inner Diva....how many peeps you got in there ;) hehehe

Oh I want cookies now :p

10:12 AM PST  
Blogger Tina said...

Is that Mr. Hanky from the previous post leaving you a lil sumpin on the floor? hahaha

10:13 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO this is fantastic. I love cookies. Yeah who doesn't lol. You looked the part too :)

10:48 AM PST  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Could you post the recipie for the Cajun Blackened-grilled pumpkin pie???

It's Mardi Gras!!

11:08 AM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Here is the intro to your post, gangsta style:

Hello with my forty-fo' mag. rememba mah thanksgiv'n pumpkin pie? i am not known as a cook, chef, baka, nor foodie...but i am known ta tha long beach fire department, fo` sett'n off mah alarm any time i rizzay using mah oven.

so i am gonna try again. i am gonna bakes cookies today n shit! plus, since i wizzy be shar'n tizzle wit a friend, i wizzy ta prove ta him i didnt add any anthrax. arsenic, maybe, but tizzle be none of yo business...
okay...i figured tha only way ta makes a shawty elfin magic, i needed ta channel mah pusha elf . Bounce wit me.

12:12 PM PST  
Blogger ghartstein said...

OK, so if you'd baked yesterday I was in Downey and would've been happy to swing by and try some! They look damn good! Though I do have one question...why bake from scratch when Nestle has slice and bake and pre formed drop and bake Tollhouse cookies? All the homemade goodness and no mess!

12:31 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Tina- what is your address? I will send Jinx...I mean cookies...

Gareth-is an elf related to a leprecaun???

Shannon-I will send you Tyson, since Jinx is going to VA...


Spinning girl- damn, yo ass got da 411 on what I be representin'...Bounce wit me, bee-otch!

Mr.G-yo, what yo ass doin' in Downey? Yo know we be representin' in da LBC....

1:13 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

zen wizard-

1 Mrs. Smith pie
1 oven set at 300.

Instead of baking for 45 minutes, bake for 7.5 hours...the low heat will keep your apartment from getting smoked out, but will deliver nice, even carbon-burnt goodness...

Serves 6.

1:20 PM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

mmmm.... cookies. :D

2:08 PM PST  
Blogger Tina said...

Oh Jinx!! Yay!! Will he be sporting cookies on his lil back?? Is he tough? Cause I want him to teach Bitch Kitty (gizmo) a lesson! ;)

2:08 PM PST  
Blogger Big Mama said...

OMFG!!! I am dying over here, that was the best post I've seen in a long time! I loved the first "stoner-elf" pic. It's so...umm...different, yeah, different.

When I come to Cali we can dress up in one of your many costumes from your giant costume trunk and go out and have a few drinks, no it doesn't need to be Halloween!!!

2:17 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Long ago when time began elves and leps were related, yes. But now us leps hate them. They are vermin to us. But they aren't as bad as gnomes. Geesh don't get me started on that one :P

2:22 PM PST  
Blogger Bat said...

cookies look awesome and I love the egg faces lol

2:51 PM PST  
Blogger Lana said...

OMG you are just too cute.

6:12 PM PST  
Blogger Crystal said...

Awesome! I'll read any blog that mentions blowed up pot pies!

9:18 PM PST  
Blogger mkecurler said...

You are the kitchen master! What a great blog today. Love the photos!
Got the greenlight to go to Chicago for the Natl Restaurant show- there will be plenty of blogging about food when I go!

7:01 AM PST  
Blogger Michael said...

What a funny post, LB! You can cook/bake for me anytime!

8:16 AM PST  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

I LOVED the eggs! Joan Crawford!!! Was she screaming "NO WIRE BEATERS!!!!!"?

8:50 AM PST  
Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

That's 1 scary looking elf thing you got going on there!

7:16 PM PST  
Blogger jamwall said...

dudes how can i hook up with that chick?

9:13 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show