Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday To My Hero...


Damn, can we stop with the birthdays???

Happy Birthday, Bradley Nowell...

If you are not familiar with Bradley Nowell, he is the late singer of the band Sublime. Straight out of Long Beach, California, Sublime has remained my favorite band in the world for many years...

Unfortunately Brad succombed to his addiction to heroin...far too soon...but he left us with his heart and soul, a new genre of music, with a mix of rock, ska, punk, hiphop, and reggae flavor...

Today I visited Bradley's grave to pay my respects...


Location: Westminster, CA (near Huntington Beach in Orange County)I don't know about you, but Orange County is the last place I would wanna spend my eternal nap...



















Hey, Cher! This is for you! I know you are a huge fan, too...so I left a little something-something to represent ya!
Later, when the stoners arrive to sit around and smoke a bowl here- "Dude...these Rockets like fell from the sky...That's tight..."




No, those lipstick prints are not mine...I stopped doing that a few years ago! I do have my "badfish" ring on for the occasion!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Cool stuff - one of my fav bands as well, sad story it was.

8:01 PM PST  
Blogger cher said...

that's so awesome that you left him some rockets. i bet he's looking at his grave right now going, "hey wait a minute....these are smarties!!!"

your nails look perfect too by the way!


...are you a badfish too???

10:22 PM PST  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Way too many talents have been lost to their drug addictions. It boggles the mind to think what art could have been created if these early-departed ones had stayed off the bad stuff.

-- david

7:02 AM PST  
Blogger T. Leach said...

Believe me when I say that I've got something for his punk-ass!

7:57 AM PST  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

The very first CD I bought for Mrs. Shife was Sublime. She loves them so. A lot of good memories of that CD.

9:11 AM PST  
Blogger J.R. Kinnard said...

I don't see any undergarments at the grave site. Get to it ladies (and men, I guess).
I guess the cool thing to do here in Seattle is to drive by Cobain's house. That and visit Jimi's grave site. I have done neither. Where's the love for Layne Staley, man?

1:08 PM PST  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

That is very cool of you to pay your respects. Great pics!

3:04 PM PST  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

That is truly a shame about this dude...

4:14 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Every one of you are sublime fans! I kiss the ground you walk on...

Layne Staley went out like that dude from Blind Melon...

He got his rooster snuffed...

7:22 PM PST  
Blogger Lana said...

that was sweet to pay your respects.
You are a awesome person

7:27 PM PST  
Blogger Crystal said...

Poor Bradley. We were such huge fans in school. We named a stray rescue cat Bradley and a black S10 pickup, our pimp ride, was dubbed Ramona. I might be a little weird sharing all this.

9:23 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show