Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy Birthday To My Best Friend



Jinxy is four today!

I moved to California four years ago. A few months after I got here, I was walking out to my car and this little guy walks up to me, meowing...

I picked him up..He was all skinny and had fleas and earmites, obviously a stray...

I put him in the car and right away drove to a vet's office near my work...he put his head in my lap...

He chose me

"Oh, great...I am jinxed with cat!"

And that was his name. Months later I remembered that was the name of that cat in Meet The Parents...

He got fixed, flea-dipped, and came home...the vet guessed his age, six months. So I took the anniversary date minus six months, and that is his birthday...


Jinx the Wondercat is my best friend. I know it sounds stupid, but I can always depend on him to be there for me...he helped me with the transition of moving to a new city...when I cry, I get him wet with tears....when I am happy, he's there to play...when I travel for days at a time, I get this hole in my heart that can only be fixed when he meets me at the door...



Friends come and go out of your life...but animals are there forever...

Happy Birthday, Jinx the Wondercat! Melissa loves you!

14 Comments:

Blogger Design Goddess said...

Happy Birthday Jinxy! The catnip's in the mail! :)

12:24 PM PST  
Blogger Skiingred said...

Jinx - happy birthday!

PS... I'd love to know what Big Boy is doing.

1:07 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

That's a bed-in-a-bag from Wal-Mart!!!
My apartment looks like Wal-mart and Ikea threw up in it...

Jinxy had birthday treat-a can of Campbell's Chunky Pot Roast soup...his favorite...he did share with Tyson and Girl...i skipped out on it...

2:02 PM PST  
Blogger Michael said...

Happy Birthday Dear Jinxy! I know just what you mean, LB, about how cats and other pets can really enhance your life. And you're right, cats usually find us, not the other way around.

8:33 PM PST  
Blogger LBseahag said...

thanks, Michael- i know you understand, you have kitties too!


el jorge- nothing like a good vomit to celebrate...

i'm glad you have those two guys, and girl, too...

cats are awesome!

9:27 PM PST  
Blogger Phats said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JINX!!
You know I hate cats, but you're pretty cool for a feline furball

11:36 PM PST  
Blogger Lana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JINX.

4:44 AM PST  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

awwww...... Happy Birthday Jinxy!!!

5:24 AM PST  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Happy Birthday!
I made you a tuna melt. Then I ate it, in your honor.

8:33 AM PST  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Mel, that was so sweet. Jinxy is lucky! Happy Birthday Jinx.

8:36 AM PST  
Blogger Tina said...

Happy Birthday Jinx! :) He is lucky to have ya too.

8:40 AM PST  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Happy Birthday TOOO YOUUUUU
Happy Birthday TOOO YOUUUUU
Happy Birthday Dear Jinxyyy
Happy Birthday TOOO YOUUUUU
*and many more....*

He and Mina should hook up, she will be 4 in June. They would make a great kitty-couple. I agree, they wrap themselves around your heart and before you know it, they are a part of you.

9:31 AM PST  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Happy Birthday Jinx! Me-ow!

6:47 PM PST  
Blogger cher said...

awe.... gonzo chose me too! he was my friends cat first!

7:20 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

car show
Free Counters
car show